I miss ST:TNG. So today we made a little Picard bling for our downstairs bathroom lightswitch based on zthralls’ Rounded Lightswitch Cover on Thingiverse:
STL file: http://www.geekhaus.com/makerhome/day30_lightsengage.stl
Tinkercad link: https://tinkercad.com/things/lucqw93XA5v-day-30-lights-engage
Thingiverse link: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:156486
Settings: Afinia with .2mm on “normal”, 1 hour and 35 minutes, with a filament switch after the first outline of the letters (which is about 55 minutes into the print).
Technical notes: I got the Roddenberry font from Fontspace and used the Inkscape technique described in Day 27 of this blog to import the word into Tinkercad. To put the font where Inkscape can find it on a Mac, put the .ttf font files into YourComputerName/Library/Fonts (*not* YourUserName/Library/Fonts).
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases, so if you’ve got something you need to pick up anyway, going to Amazon through this link will help us keep Hacktastic running. Thanks! :)
The holes in the cover line up with the rivets in the light switch, not the screw holes. This will not fit onto a light switch.
this cover doesn’t fit all light switch housings (like the ones in my home), but it does fit some (like the ones in my office)